Thursday, March 15, 2007

#1 reason NOT to become a Matador

You know, I'd never really been drawn to the life of the Matador. Not sure if it was my dislike for big hats and loud jackets or the fact that I can't speak Spanish, but the job just didn't hold much appeal. And that lack of appeal wasn't helped by this story...

I was going to get all cute and come up with the Top 10 reasons not to become a Matador, but I got stuck after the hat, the Spanish, and a general dislike for Picadors. So we'll jump to #1, best summed up by this quote from the article (the emphasis is mine...):

"Fernando Cruz is suffering from two horn wounds of 25 centimeters in length each. One involves the fibers of the abductor muscle and dissects the femoral artery, the other involves the scrotal area and eviscerates both testicles."
Thanks to the series of tubes we can now watch it...not gruesome, if you don't know the outcome... And since I don't speak Spanish I don't have a clue what the commentators are saying!


No comments: