Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

So, it's 2007 and I'm 40. I suppose that's better than it being 2007 and me being dead...

So far 40 is a lot like 39. Not quite like 30, 'cause when I turned 30 I was in London, it was cold, the wife was pregnant and I had just gotten over a nasty sinus infection. When I turned 40 I was home in Seattle, relatively healthy, and spent the evening rocking out with the band.

That said, New Year's Eve 2006 and New Year's Eve 1996 were fairly similar...in '96 we ordered in dinner, ate Hagen Daz ice cream, then watched TV until Paige fell asleep. In '06 we ordered in dinner, ate caramel apples, played some games, then watched TV until Paige fell asleep. Of course, the TV in '96 was English and didn't make any sense, while the TV last night was the insanely awesome Metalocalypse. So, in short, so far 40 is way more kick ass than being 30. So far...

No comments: