Saturday, July 26, 2008

WALL-E review

So we went to the WALL-E tonight. Being a die-hard Pixar fan (to the point where I think they should do a Pixar version of Die Hard...) I expected to like it. But the review from the guy in the next cube was "it was OK..."

Now normally I'd discount that, because hey, what does he know about movies anyway? But he agreed with me on Speed Racer (rocked) so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. And really, I couldn't not go see it, 'cause the kids wanted to. So go we did.

And I must say, I enjoyed it a lot. There's something refreshing about a movie where the two leads say all of what, four words? "WALL-E" "EVE" "directive" "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" And really, how can a movie where Fred Willard plays the President of the World be bad? It can't, that's how. And when you throw in a HAL-esque autopilot and an obsessive-compulsive cleaning robot you've got animation gold.

So. If you like the Pixar and you like the Fred Willard, you should go. If you don't, well, you should go anyway if only so Pixar will have more money and can finally make their version of Die Hard. Starring that cute Luxo Jr. as John McClane.

No comments: