Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday eye update

So I went to the eye doctor today and spent the better part of two hours sitting around the waiting room surrounded by geriatrics. And one guy roughly my age who was getting laser surgery. And in the 10 minutes or so I was with the doctor they put just about every drop in the building in my eyes and shined a wide variety of lights in both of them. I got the dye drop that does something cool with blue light, I got the drops that sting like hell and do something else also, and I got dilated. Because, you know, my vision wasn't bad enough with the seeing double on the left side thing.

Actually, the double vision is definitely better today, only occurring when I look up and left, or really far left. So this eye doctor said "well, it's still too early to tell if we'll need to operate, since things are tracking well in the middle which is where you normally use your eyes. We'd hate to fix a problem up and left and somehow knock the middle off track." Good to know.

So I get to go back next week once the swelling has gone down more and meet with the doctor that, should I need surgery, will do it. In the mean time it's ice, ibuprophen, bacitracin, and some nice dried plasma crusties around my eye. Mmmm...crusties...

Speaking of, here are some shots from tonight:



No comments: