Friday, May 30, 2008

Surgery date? Check. Mariners' loss? Check.

Checked both off the list today. Eye surgery next Wednesday afternoon, M's loss tonight. Whee!

Technically I must agree with Steve Chicken that tonight's game was better than the last one we went to. In the last game the M's gave up 10 runs in the first two innings or so, and never had a chance. In tonight's game after Silva gave up 6 earned runs in 2/3 of an inning (although I'd say technically it should be 5, since the first hit was really an error) the bullpen only gave up one more. And the M's put 4 on the board to make it almost a game. Not quite a game, but close enough that you could close your eyes and imagine they might win.

And as for the surgery, I've got a pre-op appointment Monday to review what's going to happen, then I show up Wednesday at 11:30 or so and go under around 1. Should be out of the OR by 3 or 4, then groggy the rest of the night. At least they got me in at a moderate time...I'm going to have to eat a second dinner or something before bed on Tuesday 'cause otherwise "no food after midnight" is going to hurt. And I don't like hurt.

No comments: