Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Spoke too soon...

The stitches are still there. Only now you can't see them because of this sweet eye patch!



Turns out that my eye is more swollen than the doctor wants it to be, so he stuck this eye patch on to put some pressure on the eye and hopefully squeeze the juices out of it. Or words to that effect. The big drawback was that due to my facial hair he had to put some "stinky stuff" on to help the tape stick. Not sure if it was spirit gum or some other adhesive, but it definitely smells a bit too flowery.

So all this eye patch stuff pretty much killed my plan to return to work today and bask in my co-worker's sympathy. It's just too dang hard focusing on stuff with only one eye, not to mention that the lack of peripheral vision on the left side would make it way too easy for people to sneak up on me and give me a dope slap.

Oh, and in case the head shot wasn't detailed enough, here's an unnecessary close-up of the patch. Not pirate, more "war wound". Only without the blood and gore.

No comments: