Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Hey, Diane!

I'm doubtful you'll come back, now that I've offended you so deeply, but on the off chance you do, I've thought a lot about what you said, and have come to the conclusion that while I'm sorry you took offense I really don't care.

Why? Well, because it seems kind of silly to take offense at a "review" posted on a personal blog by a guy who's clearly just writing for his own entertainment. I can see getting offended if I'd gone on the Slog and bitched about how crappy the play was, but I didn't. I merely wrote my impressions of it here, on a site visited by maybe six people a week (if I'm lucky).

That said, the interweb is all searchable and whatnot thanks to the Google, so I shouldn't expect something as incendiary as a line like "It's not ground-breaking" or, God help us, a reference to someone going up on lines at a preview to go unnoticed. I'll keep that in mind the next time I review a play in preview, which I predict will be, oh, many moons from now.

No comments: